Get accurate and repeatable results and a 10-year roller surface warranty with the latest Hofmann brake tester system.
They now use a solid state motor control system and are available on a standalone basis or integrated as part of the geogas 5000 to give an optional brake tester addition to the gas analyser unit.
There are two chassis options available:
- The 700mm rollers have a drive-over capacity of up to 4T (800Kgf brake force) and can be used for MOT testing of class I, II, III, and IV vehicles
- The 1000mm rollers have a drive-over capacity up to 6000KG (1250Kgf brake force) and can be used for MOT class I, II, III, IV, VL and VII testing (class I and II require optional adaptor plate)
The chassis are built from fully galvanised steel for long life and have roller covers as standard. Roller covers are locked for easy exiting.
The dimpled roller surface of the brake tester is designed to offer protection to tyres while giving a coefficient similar to the road surface, allowing for accurate and repeatable results in wet or dry conditions.
There is a ten-year warranty on the roller brake surface.
The graphical user interface is designed for ease of use and simulates the better known meter displays from the older analogue units while including all the benefits of modern technology and the latest functions and procedures for brake testing and automated test lane operation.
The weighing system allows weighing by wheel (standard on automated test lanes, optional on non-ATL) as well as the auto sensing 4×4 option as standard.
Hofmann brake testers are supplied with a monitor, laser printer and database for saving test results as standard.
Once the brake test is completed the results can be reviewed in the following ways:
- On the display with highlighting of any errors in red
- Printed and also keeping a record of the reason for test failure if applicable
- You can store the results into the database for recalling at a later date
- Motorcycle (class I and II) software package
- Cover plate
- Remote control